From: "PASCAL.FELIQUE" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 19:57:30 -0600

Hello everybody ,

 I am new to the Amos-mailing list,and I want to announce that I am currently
 working on a huge package. The idea of the program is very original.
 
 Every Amos programmer must have had problems with the graphical look
 of his program. If you want to position text on the screen, you must guess
 for the good coordinates that matches the best. If you draw a box on the
 screen using the built-in command, I am sure you mistake sometimes on
 using the right coordinates, then you turn back to the editor and change
 the coordinates. 

 This can be time-consuming, that's why I got a brilliant
 idea. Why don't make a program ( in AMOS of course !!) that does all the
 calculation for you. ( that's why computers are built for, isn't it ? )

 I started programming on the spot and version 1.4 is finished !!!

 It is called AMOS SOURCE CREATOR. 

 If you want to get a demo version of it, just ask for it!

 Features of AMOS SOURCE CREATOR v.1.4 ( Copyright 1995 By Pascal Felique)
  
 Please note : Features below are only part of the AMOS SOURCE CREATOR,
               More modules will follow in new versions.  
 
 Picture Module (included in version 1.4)
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

 You just have to click on buttons of actions with the mouse, then you can draw
 your painting like any ordinary drawing package. While you draw this program 
 will generate Amos source of your picture.
 
 - Drawing functions : Line , Freehand , Airbrush , Polygon , Circle , Box
                       Fill , Clip , Paste , Inverse , Fillpattern
                       Change colour palette, Resolution , Brushes ,...

 - Fonts also possible ( This function uses XOR mode , this mode makes
                         it possible to position your text on the right place)

 Hyperlink Module ( included in version 1.4 / not in demo-version )
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

 - User definable buttons

   Example : Draw a rectangle , fill it with the right colour , 
             add some text. Then click on the icon Button_Def.
             Then you have to select this rectangle.
             After this you have to insert the name of page you want to
             link to.

 The programs you can create with V1.4 of ASC can be compared with hyperpages
 of Netscape (R).

 When you have completed your painting, just click on the save-button :
 then you can choose two formats :

   1. Standard IFF format
      ( If you choose this option, the computer will save your painting
        in static IFF format (without the button-information)  

   2. Amos v1.36 source code

I am currently working on AMOS SOURCE CREATOR v2.0 , it will be completed in
July/August 1996 and it will be an impressive package !!!!

 Features of AMOS SOURCE CREATOR v2.0  (Copyright By Pascal Felique)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

 - Amal module  

   example :

   Draw a small image , select image ( rectangular selection )
   After you have defined a screen area you can choose out of standard
   animation sequences, ASC generates the right code for you in AMOS.

 - Sprite Module :

   After you have defined animation sequences with the amal module, you
   can define collision detection just by clicking with the mouse on
   the images.

 - Input Module :

   With this module it is possible to create whole applications.
   It is even possible to work with - which I call - Graphical Variables.

   Description of a "Graphical variable "

   Like you could define buttons to pre-drawn boxes it is even possible
   to attach a variable to a pre-drawn box. 
   If you do this, you also have to define a font name.

   After you have defined it, it is possible to click on it with the mouse
   , then you can insert text ( the text won't reach out of the rectangle)
   The value of the "Graphical variable " can be used anywhere in your
   program.

    Any suggestions are welcome. 

    If you want to receive a demo version of AMOS SOURCE CREATOR just mail me  
 
                    [email-masked]